SAI FULL PROGRAM: One Program Fee covers a complete study abroad experience, including tuition, US credits, housing, health insurance, excursions, emergency contact, onsite Advisors, field trips, orientation and regular cultural activities. See the complete list below.
SAI TUITION ONLY PROGRAM: The Tuition Only Program is for students seeking more independence and economy, and is not offered at all program locations. The cost includes tuition,health insurance, US credits, cell phone and a 24- hour emergency contact. Students in this program locate their own housing, but also have the option of choosing SAI student apartment housing for an additional fee. No on-site SAI Advising or activities are included, however students may join in host school activities. SAI offers this program at the following locations: Florence, Rome (Italiaidea).
Description of Full Program Offering: SAI coordinates all aspects of your enrollment from the start, with professional, friendly Admissions Officers leading your way. Our comprehensive student services begin with pre-departure, and lead to our on-site orientation and advising throughout your experience in Italy. On site SAI Program Coordinators regularly organize group cultural and social events and act as advisors, guides and emergency contacts; they are your link to the host school and to local life.
Full Program Includes:
- Academic programs taught in English
- US academic credit: 12 – 18 credits per semester; 3 – 12 credits per summer session; 12 – 15 credits per quarter .
- Admission services: from course enrollment through housing assignment, with friendly and reliable advising by our US staff
- Online student groups to acquaint you with other SAI students participating in your program
- Helpful student handbook delivered to students prior to departure
- Support and assistance available at SAI’s online “live chat” feature
- Student Visa Consulting
- Optional Student Visa processing service
- Online pre-departure orientation
- Airport pick-up and transportation on arrival days
- Welcome reception and events
- Welcome bag upon arrival containing items to kick-start students’ experience abroad (at most sites)
- Full coverage health insurance: HTH student health insurance, with full medical coverage and medical emergency evacuation.
- Housing: carefully selected living accommodations in clean, pleasant city center lodgings; home stays available in most cities
- Orientation: comprehensive introduction to the city and program
- Personal cell phone sent to you before departure
- 24 hour emergency support
- Program Coordinators and advisors onsite dedicated to providing personal assistance throughout the term
- Program inclusive 3 day excursion (n/a to London) offered in the fall and spring
- A rich calendar of included events and activities
- Additional optional excursions offered at most sites
- Volunteer opportunities
- Internship opportunities
- Farewell evening: reception and dinner with all students
- Registration fees for re-entry conferences
- Alumni network
- Ambassador Program