Custom & Faculty Led
SAI programs offers faculty unique opportunities to design custom academic programs that meet their learning objectives with academic rigor and cultural relevance in a wide variety of locations in Italy, as well as Barcelona, London and Paris.
Faculty who have chosen to develop a study abroad program with SAI comment on the high level of professional support, agility in meeting special requests, capacity to respond to emergencies, personal attention to details and a collaborative approach through the program planning and delivery phases.
Collaboration on faculty-led programs is one of many benefits that SAI offers to our affiliate universities. We work closely with faculty and study abroad offices to ensure high standards of service that lead to successful overseas programs. SAI staff assist faculty in creating learning experiences that increase awareness, enhance comprehension, have a practical application of knowledge, and employ analytical thinking strategies to synthesize the learning experiences. Our aim is to provide our SAI affiliate schools with safe, academically rigorous and culturally enriching international experiences for their students.
Faculty-led programs are arranged at the undergraduate and graduate levels for full semesters, January terms, spring breaks, and summer; from 10 days to 15 weeks of study.
Examples of past program titles include:
- Business Semester Abroad
- Global Accounting and Economics
- Educational Psychology
- Community and Clinical Health Nursing
- Comparative Health Care
- Comparative Education with a Practice Component
- Fashion Merchandising: Florence and Milan
- Cultural Psychology
- Cuisine of the Mediterranean: Nutrition and Hospitality
- "Made in Italy" Luxury Branding
- Italian Renaissance Art and Architecture
- Criminology: The Misuse and Abuse of Forensic Science Investigations
Please click on the following links to view sample itineraries.
Arrange a Custom / Faculty-Led Program
- Contact SAI Programs at 800.655.8965 or fill out our Faculty-Led Program Form.
- SAI will schedule a phone meeting to discuss the program concept and proposal.
- After submitting a first draft proposal, SAI and the affiliate school will work closely on learning objectives and activities, registration and payment schedule, special requests, preliminary itinerary, and final approved schedule with confirmed times, logistics and locations.
SAI's faculty program manager will conduct several phone conferences and will be available for any questions that arise before the group departs from the U.S. Upon arrival, the group will be met by the program manager who will assist the students and faculty throughout the duration of their stay.
Faculty Led & Custom