|APPLICATION DEADLINES: SUMMER 2013
|Summer I 2013 (3 weeks/3-6 credits):||March 13, 2013|
|Summer II 2013 (3 weeks/3-6 credits):||April 3, 2013|
|Summer III 2013 (3 weeks/3-6 credits):||April 24, 2013|
|Summer IV 2013 (3 weeks/3-6 credits):||May 15, 2013|
|Summer V 2013 (4 weeks/4-7 credits):||March 6, 2013|
|Summer VI 2013 (4 weeks/4-7 credits):||March 27, 2013|
|Summer VII 2013 (4 weeks/4-7 credits):||April 17, 2013|
|Summer VIII 2013 (4 weeks/4-7 credits):||May 8, 2013|
|Summer A 2013 (6 weeks/3-9 credits):||March 13, 2013|
|Summer B 2013 (6 weeks/3-9 credits):||April 24, 2013|
|12 Week 2013 (12 weeks/6-9 credits):||March 13, 2013|
Please note: SAI will continue to accept applications after the regular application deadlines on a space available basis.
The summer program is created for students wishing to design their own curriculum from a broad selection of courses. Students may select courses from the Class Schedule, found in the left links on this page. Italian language is not a required course for summer students. All courses are taught in English. Please note: All courses require a minimum number of students to run the course.
- 3 Week Programs (Summer I, Summer II, Summer III & Summer IV) Students can take 3 or 6 credits.
- 4 Week Programs: (Summer V, Summer VI, Summer VII, Summer VIII) Students arrive in Rome and spend their first week in Tuscany and participate in the course “Cultural Introduction to Italy – 1 credit). Then travel to Florence and take 3 or 6 credits.
- 6 Week Programs (Summer A, Summer B) Students can take 3, 6 or 9 credits. Students may spend their first week in Tuscany and participate in the course “Cultural Introduction to Italy – 1 credit). Then travel to Florence and take 3 or 6 credits to make a 7 week program.
- 12 Week Program Students can take 6, 9 or 12 credits. The Cultural Introduction to Italy is not available with this program.
Students participating in the Cultural Introduction to Italy-Tuscany need to arrive in Rome and depart from Florence.
- 3, 6, or 12 weeks in Florence
- US academic credit (if applicable) for up to 12 credit hours
- Admission services from application to completion, with friendly, reliable advising
- Online student groups designed to acquaint students with other SAI students participating in the program
- Student Handbook delivered prior to your departure
- Support and assistance through SAI’s online “live chat” feature
- Airport pick-up on check-in day
- Welcome reception and events
- Welcome bag upon arrival containing items to kick-start your experience abroad
- Health insurance
- Housing: student apartment or family home stay (additional fee for home stay)
- Orientation: comprehensive introduction to your city and program
- Cell phone
- 24 hour emergency support line
- Program Coordinator providing personal assistance throughout the term
- Cultural activities throughout the term
- Farewell evening and reception
- Registration fees for re-entry conferences
- Ambassador program
- Alumni network
- Lab fees
- Personal expenses
- Return transportation to airport at the end of the program