SAI Ambassadors are a group of carefully selected students, currently enrolled in a U.S. or Canadian university or college, who have participated in an SAI program. Applicants are selected based on a number of criteria, including a positive recommendation from their SAI Program Coordinator. The SAI Ambassador program provides SAI alumni the opportunity to share their study abroad experiences with prospective students, while building their knowledge of international education.
General duties for SAI Ambassadors:
- Facilitation of group informational sessions about studying abroad—in general and with SAI—to classes, clubs, and/or organizations on campus, in collaboration with their home school study abroad office
- Submission of articles for the SAI newsletter
- Assistance during study abroad fairs
- Distribution of SAI posters on campus with permission from the study abroad office
- Hosting an SAI information table in home school common area, in accordance with study abroad office protocol
SAI Ambassadors are familiar with all SAI programs, including the program attended. In addition to sharing their experiences with interested students, they should be prepared to give presentations and answer basic questions about any SAI programs.
SAI Ambassadors will receive the Ambassador training manual, SAI materials to be used for promotional activities, and support from the SAI Ambassador Coordinator. We also encourage Ambassadors to be creative in developing strategies that would be effective on their home campus. As SAI Ambassadors, students will work in conjunction with the study abroad office on their home campus and must have their approval to participate.
Read more about our SAI Ambassadors and their experiences.
Why should you apply to become an SAI Ambassador?
- You will gain valuable experience for your resume
- SAI provides references and letters of recommendation for active participants
- You will be eligible for a paid summer internship at SAI’s main office in California
- You will be eligible for all-expense paid participation at the NAFSA: Association of International Educators conference in your region (http://www.nafsa.org/nafsaregions/default.aspx)
To obtain an application for the SAI Ambassador program click on the link below. Once completed, mail your application along with required documents to our California office. Look for an email from the SAI Ambassador Coordinator about two weeks after submitting your application. If you have questions about the program, please contact the SAI Ambassador Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|SAI Ambassador Application|