Study Abroad Italy automatically provides all students with an HTH Worldwide Insurance "Health Select Overseas Policy". Before departure, students will receive an email explanation of benefits, as well as instructions on how to print your ID card from HTH.
All policy charges for this policy are included in our Program Cost.
- Deductible: $0 per injury or Sickness
- Physicians Office Visits: 100% of Reasonable Expenses
- Inpatient Hospital Services: 100% of Reasonable Expenses
- Hospital and Physician Outpatient Services: 100% of Reasonable Expenses
- Outpatient Prescription Medication: 100% of actual charge
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: Maximum Benefit Principal Sum up to $10,000
- Repatriation of Remains: Maximum Benefit up to $25,000
- Medical Evacuation: Maximum Lifetime Benefit for all Evacuations up to $75,000
- Political and Natural Disaster Evacuation
- Bedside Visit: Up to a maximum benefit of $1,500 for the cost of one economy round-trip airfare ticket and hotel accommodations in the place of the Hospital Confinement for one (1) person
- Lifetime Maximum Benefit: $1,000,000
- Policy Year Maximum Benefits: $100,000
- Maximum Benefit per Injury or Sickness: $100,000
- Basic Medical Expense Benefit per Injury or Sickness: Up to $100,000 Maximum. 100% of Reasonable Expenses
PLEASE NOTE: As with all insurance policies, there are some coverage exceptions, please review the HTH website for policy details: www.hthstudents.com
- Coverage will be for the duration of the session(s) only. Please refer to your ID Card for exact dates of coverage.
- If you are attending two consecutive sessions, SAI will pay for the coverage between semesters for up to one (1) month.
- Should you attend two non-consecutive semesters, you will be responsible for your own lapse of coverage between the two semesters or sessions. Additional "Travel Gap Plan" coverage may be purchased at: www.hthtravelinsurance.com
- www.hthstudents.com - Provides students access to a description of insurance benefits, claim forms, contact information, as well as access to HTH Worldwide's Provider networks.
- www.hthparents.com - Provides parents with access to the same health and security resources that are available to students and advisors.
Students 49 and under are eligible for this coverage. For students 50 to 64 years of age, the rate of coverage is significantly higher; therefore coverage is an OPTION. If students make the choice to be covered they will need to pay SAI the additional per month cost for policy coverage for the term of study. This rate can vary, please contact the SAI office for current rate.