Semester Free Elective
|Fall Semester (up to 18 credits)||June 15|
|Spring Semester (up to 18 credits)||November 1|
Please note: SAI will continue to accept applications after the regular application deadlines on a space available basis.
- Current transcript with a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- One personal statement. This form can be downloaded here.
In the Fall semester (September-December, 15 weeks) and in the Spring semester (January-May, 15 weeks) students may elect to undertake a course load of up to 18 credits (4 – 5 electives + 1 Italian language course).
In addition to six levels of Italian language, courses featuring Italian society and culture taught by faculty from local universities will take advantage of Sorrento’s unique location on the Mediterranean and in Southern Italy. Students can choose from classes in areas such as creative writing, digital photography, cinema, business, art history, marine biology, geology, history, archaeology and architecture. There is no language pre-requisite and subject-area courses are conducted in English.
Sorrento’s location and proximity to Naples, Pompeii, Capri and Positano offer new and exciting excursions and trips as part of the SAI program and coursework, while allowing students easy means of travel to the rest of Italy and Europe. The airport, 30 minutes from Sorrento, offers low cost flights to all points of Europe.
Students have the choice of living in shared apartments within walking distance to the school or with an Italian host family.
- 15 weeks in Sorrento
- US academic credit (if applicable) for up to 18 credit hours
- Admission services from application to completion, with friendly, reliable advising
- Online student groups designed to acquaint students with other SAI students participating in the program
- Student Handbook and SAI t-shirt delivered prior to your departure
- Support and assistance through SAI’s online “live chat” feature
- Student Visa Consulting
- Airport pick-up on check-in day
- Welcome reception and events
- Welcome bag upon arrival containing items to kick-start your experience abroad
- Health insurance
- Housing: family home stay or student apartment (within 15 minute walk to school)
- Meals (for family home stay students only)
- Orientation: comprehensive introduction to your city and program
- Cell phone
- 24 hour emergency support line
- Program Coordinator providing personal assistance throughout the term
- Program inclusive 2 night excursion
- Cultural activities throughout the term
- Internship opportunities
- Farewell evening and reception
- Registration fees for re-entry conferences
- Ambassador program
- Alumni network
- Excursions: $300- $500
- SAI Student Visa processing: $250
- Personal expenses
- Return transportation to airport on check-out day
- Permit to Stay fees