Study Abroad Italy aims to create a comfortable living environment for each student by providing safe, well maintained student-level housing in quality apartments. Our staff will be on hand to greet and help orient you to your new apartment and city, and they will remain available throughout the term to answer questions and assist with maintenance needs that may arise.
Students may choose between three housing options:
- Student Shared Apartment
- Home Stay Housing – Full Board (includes breakfast and dinner)
- Home Stay Housing – Half Board (breakfast only)
|STUDENT SHARED APARTMENT|
- Students are placed with other students in apartments that are privately owned and located in buildings shared by Italian residents.
- All apartments are within a 15 minute walk to the school.
- A typical residence will house 4 to 6 students, and contains a combination of single (1 student per room) and double (2 students per room) bedrooms and shared kitchen, bathroom and living areas.
- basic kitchen supplies
- bed linens
- washing machine
- wireless internet (additional fee)
Apartments do not include:
- land line telephones
- clothes dryers.
|HOME STAY HOUSING|
Students choosing the home stay option will be placed with a local family within walking distance to the school. The home stay option is offered with two meal plans: the half board includes breakfast and dinner 7 days a week, while the full board offers breakfast 7 days a week.
- Housing requests are made by submitting a “housing request form” with your application.
- Applications are processed when payment of your security deposit has been made to SAI.
- Single room requests must be accompanied by payment of a single room supplement fee
- Single room requests are processed when your single supplement fee is received.
- We are happy to accommodate roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual; both you and your roommate must clearly write each other’s name on the housing request form.
SAI student apartments are assigned as single gender housing, (all male or all female). Students seeking male/female shared housing options, should contact the SAI office for options.
- Housing assignments are emailed by no later than 10 business days prior to the start of the term.
- Students are asked to complete the arrival information form prior to departure.
- Students will receive detailed information regarding the complimentary pick-up and arrival upon submitting the arrival information form.
- Please plan to arrive on check-in day. Apartments will not be available for early check-in. Any students arriving early should make prior arrangements to stay at a local hotel until check-in day.