Study Abroad Italy aims to create a comfortable living environment for each student by providing safe, well-maintained, student-level housing in quality apartments. Our staff will be on hand to greet and help orient you to your new apartment and city, and they will remain available to answer questions and assist with maintenance needs that may arise.
SAI, with our rental agency partners, offers shared student apartments, however students are also free to arrange their own accommodations privately.
Study Abroad Italy aims to create a comfortable living environment for each student by providing safe, well maintained student-level housing in quality apartments. Our staff will be on hand to greet and help orient you to your new apartment and city, and they will remain available throughout the term to answer questions and assist with maintenance needs that may arise.
SAI, with our rental agency partners, offers shared student apartments, however students are also free to arrange their own accommodations. SAI also offers a home stay option for students wishing to live with a host family while abroad. Please contact the SAI California office for further information.
Shared Student Apartments
- Students are placed with other SAI students in apartments that are privately owned and located in buildings shared by Italian residents.
- All students will be housed in double occupancy rooms;
- Apartments INCLUDE:
- shared kitchen
- shared bathroom
- shared living areas
- basic kitchen supplies
- bed linens
- washing machine
- Apartments DO NOT INCLUDE :
- land line telephones
- clothers dryer
- Housing requests are made by submitting a “housing request form” with your application.
- We are happy to accommodate roommate requests. Roommate requests must be mutual; both you and your roommate must clearly write each other’s name on the housing request form.
SAI student apartments are assigned as single gender housing, (all male or all female). Students seeking male/female shared housing options should contact SAI.
- Housing assignments are emailed by SAI California no later than one week prior to the start of the term.
- Roommate contact information is emailed one week prior to the start of the term.
- Students will receive written arrival instructions in their housing assignment letter.
- Please plan to arrive on housing move-in day. Apartments will not be available for early check-in. Any students arriving early should make prior arrangements to stay at a local hotel until check-in day.
The majority of SAI students are 18-22 years of age. We have found that placing students over 25 with students between the ages of 18-22 has not been successful for either age group. Therefore, we encourage students over 25 to contact our partner agencies to arrange for private studio or one bedroom apartments directly.
There are sometimes other adult students enrolled, which allows SAI to place those students together in shared housing. It is not our intention to deny housing to any enrolled student, but we do place students of similar ages together in order to create a successful experience. If an older student is unable to bear the added cost of private housing, in cases when SAI does not have a student apartment available, SAI will make every effort to nevertheless provide housing for that student by placing her/him in a single room within a shared apartment. In these cases, the student must pay the single supplement fee.
Please note: SAI does not offer housing to spouses, children or pets. SAI recommends that students with these circumstances, or students seeking their own private apartments (studio, 1 or 2 bedrooms), contact SAI for housing agency recommendations.
If you choose to arrange your own housing, please notify SAI California.