SAI summer study abroad students at Syracuse Academy are able to enroll in part-time unpaid 3 credit internships to be completed alongside academic coursework in the 6 week and 10 week programs. Students are placed in internships that complement their major or minor and provide unique applied experience in local organizations. Internship students complete related coursework during the term, participate in weekly on-site activities, and submit a final reflective paper about the internship experience. Please note that, while Italian language proficiency is not required for an internship, students without Italian language experience may have more limited internship options.
Following are some example internship placements; please contact SAI for more detailed information.
- Agriblea – Agribusiness
- Gulino Winery
- Judeka Winery
- Syracuse Lemon Consortium – Agricultural nonprofit
- Corsino Pasticceria – Food production and distribution
- Drago Conserves – Food production and distribution
- Associazione Santa Lucia di Mendola – Cultural and historical preservation
- Civita – Tourism, culture and art
- Traditional Sicilian Puppet Museum
- Museum of the Sea – Maritime museum
- Papyrus Museum
- SiciliAntica – Cultural and historical preservation
Environment & Biodiversity
- Plemmirio Marine Reserve
- Natura Sicula – environmental protection
- Nuova Acropoli
Hospitality & Tourism
- Various hotels, B&Bs and inns
How to Apply
When applying to SAI, students should select the internship class as part of their elective class schedule. Students must then submit the following materials.
- Syracuse internship application; emailed once the SAI application is received.
- Resume and cover letter
Upon receipt of the internship materials, students will be contacted to arrange a Skype interview.