For updates on SAI’s response to Coronavirus regarding current programs see COVID-19 updates.
Please know that we made the difficult decision to cancel all SAI Summer 2020 on-site programs. We will be offering an array of virtual opportunities for students who are interested in earning credits while gaining some international exposure from home.
We know that many students are concerned about studying abroad this summer due to the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. If you are anxious about the situation, and unsure about whether you should proceed with your application to an SAI Summer 2020 program, we want you to know that we have altered our cancellation policy to offer you more time to make a decision. We have waived our 30% cancellation penalty, thereby delaying the date at which any cancellation penalty begins, to 44 days from the program start (see below). The revised cancellation policy for all Summer 2020 programs is as follows:
Check-in day is considered the start of the term. The application fee and confirmation deposit are not refundable at any time. Further program cost liability is based on the date on which SAI receives a cancellation request using the online SAI Cancellation & Deferment Request Form. If a cancellation request is received 45 or more days before check-in day, a full refund is provided (minus the non-refundable confirmation deposit and application fee). If a cancellation request is received 44 days or less before check-in day, students are liable for the following penalties:
- 44 – 8 days before the start of term: 50% of the program cost
- 7 days or less before the start of term: 100% of the program cost
Program cost includes all costs associated with enrollment (including program add-ons and any optional / additional fees).
A few other notes to help you make your decision:
- We have pushed back all our Summer 2020 application deadlines to give you more time
- Consider programs that have later start dates. Since this is an evolving situation, and we learn more about Coronavirus and how it will impact travel each day, having more time can be helpful.
- If you enroll in a program, and change your mind before liability begins at 44 days prior to program start, you can defer your program to a future SAI term, at no cost.