Since our beginning SAI has provided more than $2 million in financial assistance to students. We are pleased to offer scholarships to deserving students each academic year, generously funded by the International Education Foundation, host universities, and by SAI itself. Many SAI scholarships are paired with volunteering, interning, or professional experience, granting students more opportunities to become involved in the local or study abroad community.
SAI scholarships are open to all SAI participants who meet the eligibility requirements. To be considered, applicants must:
- Have already submitted a complete SAI program application, including the application fee, official transcript, personal statement and any other supplemental materials.
- Be enrolled in a full-time program (except in the Summer) with SAI Signature Services, including SAI housing, and remain a full-time student while abroad. Custom/faculty-led programs are not eligible.
- Adhere to the SAI Code of Conduct.
- Currently attend a US university or college (except for the Non-U.S. Student and High School Scholarships).
To apply, submit the following materials:
- Online SAI scholarship application. Includes a resume and an original essay, which applicants should use to tell the scholarship committee who they are individually, and what they would like the committee to take into account in reviewing their application.
- One academic letter of recommendation
SAI scholarships are awarded based on financial need and academic merit. Applicants are considered for all scholarships that apply to their enrollment and therefore do not have to specify a particular scholarship. A selection committee reviews applications that meet all criteria and requirements. SAI assumes no responsibility for procuring information and incomplete or late applications will not be eligible for consideration. Awards are announced 15 days after each application deadline. Scholarship funds are applied toward the student’s final payment.
Scholarship application deadlines:
Fall sessions: June 1
Spring sessions: October 15
Summer sessions: March 15
All materials must be received by 11:59pm Pacific Time on the application deadline.
Mail: SAI Programs, 7160 Keating Avenue, Sebastopol, CA 95472 USA
Fax: (707) 824-0198
for SAI discounts see Costs & Dates