We do not sell or distribute any information about our users to outside organizations. Your use of this website signifies your acceptance of this policy.
What Information We Collect
We collect various types of information when you use our Services. This includes “personally identifiable information” and “aggregate information”. Personally identifiable information is specific information that can be used to identify, contact or locate you. Aggregate information is information that lumps together an individual’s behavior and/or characteristics with others or groups (without personally identifiable information).
Our website does not automatically collect any personally identifiable information except when you specifically provide such information on a voluntary basis, such as submitting an application, filling out a form, etc.
We temporarily store basic aggregate information about your use of our website for the purposes of improving user’s future experiences. We may collect a variety of technical data, such as your IP address, domain name, and browser type. We may track to where and from where you link to our website, and which of our pages you access. This data is collected automatically.
The following are the specific types of personally identifiable information that we collect (may not be exhaustive):
- Contact information
- Information given to us by you via email, chat, phone call, or forms
- Application and program enrollment information
- Financial information, including financial aid and payment information
- Surveys, contests, or feedback
- Academic information, including course registration, grades
How We Use the Information
We use your personally identifiable information to provide our Services; without it we cannot provide our Services. For example, we may use your personally identifiable information to:
- Enroll you in the host educational institutions for which you are applying;
- Provide information about your enrollment to your home school;
- Contact you and relevant parties about your application and enrollment with SAI;
- Contact you about your use of our Services, including responding to questions and requests, resolving issues, requesting reviews, providing assistance with our Services, and alerting you to product and service updates;
- Provide services, including but not limited to health insurance, housing, activities and excursions;
- Enable you to communicate with other past, present and future SAI students;
- And for other purposes about which we notify you.
How We Share the Information
We never distribute or sell your personally identifiable information to any entities that are not directly associated with providing our Services. We may share personally identifiable information about you as follows:
- With Universities (both home and host school) to provide our Services
- With third party content management systems to provide our Services, including record-keeping, managing communication and feedback, and implementing safety procedures.
- With third party service providers to provide our Services, such as payments.
- With legal authorities to comply with laws or respond to lawful requests and legal processes. We may do so in the good faith belief that disclosure is needed to respond to an emergency or to protect the safety of any person.
This policy does not restrict our use and sharing of aggregate data. This data is used to help us better understand our customer needs and improve our Services.
We maintain presences on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, and Pinterest. Any information, communication or materials you submit to us via those platforms is at your own risk; we cannot control the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
We are committed to protecting your data, and take measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to keep your data private and secure at all times. We work with third party software and storage providers to provide our Services, including a custom student management system, email and website hosted on a secure server, as well as marketing and communication tools such as Salesforce and Mailchimp, and cloud storage services like Dropbox and Google Drive. All these services utilize firewalls and other technology to reasonably meet or exceed industry standards of security, encryption and controls.
Photo, Video & Text Submissions
When submitting photos, videos and text to SAI, you agree to grant us the right and license to use, copy, distribute, display, publish, edit, adapt, translate, and transmit it now and in the future. You agree that, without further approval from you, we may use it for any and all purposes we deem appropriate, including the promotion, marketing, and publicizing of our services and products.
Our website may send cookies to your computer or mobile device. Among other things, cookies support our online application and forms, retain your preferences and account settings, and help evaluate and compile aggregated statistics about your activity. Most web browsers accept cookies by default. You may be able to set your browser preferences to remove or reject cookies, but this may affect your experience with our Services.
If you have submitted an application to SAI, you can view limited data that SAI maintains about you by logging into your Student Portal account at http://studentportal.saiprograms.com/login. You can request changes to this information by clicking “Request Update” or by emailing email@example.com.
We may occasionally contact you with promotional emails, text messages, or mailings. You can opt out of those promotional communications by following the instructions in the emails or text messages, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to be removed from mailings. If you opt out of promotional communication, we may still contact you for non-promotional purposes, for example, if you have an active application or enrollment with SAI.
If you would like to revoke SAI’s access to your personally identifiable information, please contact us at email@example.com or call 800-655-8965.
7160 Keating Avenue
Sebastopol, CA 95472, USA