SAI offers assistance in the design and delivery of culturally relevant academic and professional development programs throughout Italy and in Barcelona and Paris. We work closely with faculty leaders to create high impact learning experiences. SAI has over 20 years experience in working with faculty, professionals, alumni and students. Our knowledgeable on-site staff members collaborate directly with course leaders and provide direct access to local resources that result in culturally rich curricula. Our aim is to provide participants with safe, academically rigorous and culturally enriching international experiences.
SAI Faculty-Led and Custom Programs can be designed at the high school, undergraduate, graduate and professional levels. Programs can run anywhere from 10 days to 15 weeks, full semesters, January terms, spring breaks, and summer.
Our work begins at the pre-planning stage with consultations on how best to structure a program that is logistically manageable and affordable. Our dedicated local cultural experts are skilled in researching trends and current issues to better inform course leaders. We provide faculty support before, during and after the program.
How SAI works with faculty and custom program leaders:
- We consult on program goals and make recommendations on culturally responsive and authentic learning activities.
- We make available our expert and flexible on-site staff to support participants.
- We maintain a cadre of dedicated and experienced professionals who offer lectures, tours and presentations, as needed, to customize coursework or supplement a course plan.
- We offer ongoing assistance with on-site logistics including transportation, locating suitable and affordable housing, and arranging unique cultural events, meals, and excursions.
- We provide visa advising and health insurance, as requested.
- We inform our groups and orient them to host cities, local cultures and guidelines for safety.
- We foster relationships with local organizations and businesses to arrange enriching learning components.
- We have access to classrooms, art and design studios, meeting facilities equipped with internet, projection capabilities and sound equipment.
- We have a comprehensive and up to date safety and security protocol that addresses crisis procedures and prevention.
Design & Implement a Faculty-Led / Custom Program with SAI
- Explore the possibilities: fill out our Faculty-led and Custom Program Interest Form or contact SAI at 800.655.8965 for a pre-planning session to discuss locations, time periods, duration, cultural activities and learning objectives.
- Identify the program concept, goals and budget.
- Learn about resources and support networks available through SAI.
- Collaborate with SAI on the planning details, timeline, budgeting and recruitment.
- Confirm final details for pre-departure and arrival.
- Encourage open dialogue and reflection with participants and SAI staff.
- Provide feedback to SAI through evaluations and discussions.
Participants have access to local experts and gain in-depth knowledge through company visits, behind-the-scenes tours, lectures, interviews, hands-on demonstrations and guided discussions. SAI arranges programs in a variety of academic and professional development areas. See below for some example SAI faculty-led programs, which include excursions, housing, meals, transportation, classroom space, and cell phones.
To register for an active Faculty-led or Custom Program see Faculty-led & Custom Program Registration.