SAI Spring 2020 students, we know your time abroad didn’t go as you had expected, so we have created a special challenge just for you! The unprecedented global COVID-19 pandemic has posed new challenges and increased hardships for many, but it has also united us through empathy, compassion, and greater global awareness. As we have all been forced to quarantine and social distance, we know that many of you have adapted in unique ways, showing strength and creativity throughout. Instead of running our regular photo contest, we’ve decided to run a Student Resilience Challenge to highlight your resilience in responding to the uncertainty and change. And instead of one winner, there will be 50! The first 50 students to submit a high-quality photo or video entry will receive a Shutterfly code for one free 20-standard page 8×8 hard photo cover book. The process is quick and easy, but make sure to follow ALL instructions in order to receive your code.
The Prompt: How have you responded to the new challenges in your life posed by COVID-19 in a positive, creative, and resilient way?
1. Submit a short video (1-3 minutes max) or photo response to the prompt above to email@example.com (can be a file, a google drive link, etc.) by Friday, May 15th, 2020 at 11:59 PM ET. Some ideas for how to respond to the prompt:
- Reflect on your experience in your host country (regardless of length of stay).
- Share your favorite memory, relationship formed or biggest lesson learned.
- Highlight a project that you have undertaken to stay active or help others in need.
- Share an activity you have completed since returning home that strengthened your relationship with your host country (scrapbooking, a regional recipe, etc.).
- Share a piece of art you have created in homage to your host country — it could be a physical or digital collage, a drawing/painting, a graphic design project, an embroidery project. The options are endless.
2. Photo submissions must be accompanied by a caption of at least 150 words and should be in response to the prompt or topics listed above (or anything closely related).
3. In your email, include your full name, home university, and Instagram handle if you have one.
Want to keep up with other Spring 2020 students and how they’re staying involved beyond this challenge? We created a virtual extension of our on-site Viva Experience activities that are designed to encourage social interaction between students, and foster greater cross-cultural competency and a deeper understanding of the local community. We created this group to help you continue to live like a local — from the comfort of your own home.
Terms & Conditions (Shutterfly): Offer expires December 31, 2020 (11:59 P.M. PT). Offer is good for one free 20-standard page 8×8 hard photo cover book through shutterfly.com, our mobile-friendly site or Shutterfly app. Not valid on 6×6 or 7×9 photo books, soft cover books, personalized story books, flush mount albums, Groovebook, yearbook orders, prepaid plans, other products and prior purchases. Customers may apply the current price of a 20-standard page 8×8 hard photo cover book (after taking into account any current discounts on shutterfly.com) toward the purchase of a larger photo book. Other cover types, additional pages, StorytellingTM styles, etc may be added to the current book for an additional fee. Offer cannot be combined with other code-based $-off offers. Free offers cannot be combined with free shipping. Promo can only be redeemed once per account and/or billing address. This offer code can only be entered once. Taxes, shipping and handling may apply. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel orders for any reason at our sole discretion, including, but not limited to: product availability, promo errors, price inaccuracies, fraudulent use or general misuse of offer codes and selecting more free gifts than set forth in your individual offer terms. Offer cannot be redeemed for cash or combined with select offers or credits. Not valid for resale. We reserve the right to modify or replace any part of these terms and conditions without notice, at our sole discretion. Offer valid while supplies last.
Eligibility: This SAI contest is open to any SAI student enrolled in a Spring 2020 session. SAI will verify the eligibility of each entrant.
How to Enter: Participants should email their photo or video to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, May 11th, 2020 at 11:59 PM ET. Valid submissions must include participant’s full name, home university, Instagram handle (if applicable), and a short description of the photo or video. SAI reserves the right to dispose of any submission that it feels is inappropriate.
Prize: Coupon code for one free 20-standard page 8×8 hard photo cover book (up to 50 units).
Additional Limitations: SAI reserves the right to terminate, suspend, or amend the contest. By participating (submitting via email), each entrant releases the submitted content and agrees that it may be used for promotional purposes. The contest submissions may be posted on the SAI website and/or social media. Contact information will not be made public.