Throughout Fall 2021, SAI hosted a series of virtual info sessions featuring faculty colleagues from SAI’s programs in Italy, as well as partners from U.S. affiliate institutions. These sessions were recorded and can be viewed at the links below:
- Sustainability in Sorrento: SAI’s program at Sant’Anna Institute in Sorrento offers an incredible opportunity for students to explore topics related to sustainability and local ecosystems. Sant’Anna Institute offers courses, internships and research projects that help students develop a conscious relationship with the environment.
- Fine Arts + Design in Florence: As the birthplace of the Renaissance, Florence offers incredible opportunities to study art history, painting, drawing, graphic design, fashion design, photography and more. Explore academic and experiential opportunities available for fine and studio art in Florence.
- Faculty-Led Programs: Designing for Your Discipline: SAI provides custom and faculty-led program support for a wide variety of academic disciplines. Join us to further discuss incorporating academic content and student engagement opportunities into custom programs. Join SAI affiliate partners Dr. Diane Shea, Associate Dean and Professor of Nursing at Emmanuel College and Amanda Birkenhauer, Director of Business Study Abroad at the University of South Carolina, as they share their perspectives.
- Field Learning: Going Beyond the Classroom: SAI’s program at Florence University of the Arts offers students the opportunity to explore the city and surrounding regions through experience-oriented approaches and courses. Learn more about field learning courses, the methodology, and commitment to hands-on, immersive learning in Florence and Italy.
- Sustainability, Wellness, Community Engagement: Summer 2022 Florence Spotlight: At SAI partner institution Florence University of the Arts, each academic term features a specific theme, in addition to the disciplines already represented in the course catalog. Hear more about the upcoming Summer 2022 schedule, thematic content, and student engagement opportunities in Florence!
- Scientific Crossroads in Florence: Frequently, students are looking to fulfill science or math requirements during their time abroad. SAI’s program in Florence offers unique opportunities for students to fulfill these requirements while studying in the same city that inspired Leonardo da Vinci and Galileo Galilei. Learn more about course options in biology, environmental studies, health humanities, nutrition and more.
SAI will be again be offering various virtual sessions in the Spring 2022 semester. As we plan our future webinar offerings, please let us know if there are topics you are interested in learning about!