Did you love studying abroad with SAI? Do you have a passion for international education, travel, social media and adventure? Would you like to explore an international education career?
SAI is seeking a remote fall semester intern to support ongoing marketing, social media, design, and research projects. The SAI remote semester intern will be a recent SAI alumnus/a, currently enrolled in university, with a flexible schedule. SAI is a small, dynamic organization, with staff members based in the US and overseas. This internship offers a great opportunity to build career skills, understand the international education field, and become a part of an exceptional team.
- Join a weekly scheduled phone meeting with supervisor (beginning of the week);
- Produce blog posts related to international education and events;
- Contribute to social media efforts on facebook, instagram, snapchat, twitter, linkedin and pinterest;
- Explore new avenues for reaching prospective students through social media campaigns, materials, website, and more;
- Conduct research to support marketing, operations and admissions teams;
- Develop creative marketing and communication strategies;
- Help with other duties and special projects, as required;
- Email weekly recap of tasks completed (end of the week).
- Comfortable with various social media platforms, including facebook, instagram, twitter, pinterest and snapchat (including tagging protocols, terminology, usability, etc);
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree;
- SAI alumnus/a;
- Independent and self-motivated;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Passion and enthusiasm for travel and study abroad;
- Creativity and attention to detail;
- Graphic design, photography, and photo editing skills a plus.
The internship will run September 4, 2017 – December 20, 2017 (flexible). The intern will be responsible for contributing 5 hours per week, for a total of 70 hours (coursework always comes first, so there is flexibility week-by-week). At least some hours every week should coincide with a regular working day (9am – 5pm). SAI awards a stipend for this internship totaling $500 ($250 on November 1; $250 at completion).
Applicants must have a working computer with Microsoft Office (word, powerpoint, excel) and skype, a google drive account, and a smartphone. Internship does not require any travel.
Please submit a cover letter that includes 1 proposed new SAI social media campaign initiative and your resume to email@example.com. Applications are due Friday, August 4th, 2017.
To view the flyer see here.