Layah was selected as an SAI scholarship recipient and blogger for the Spring 2016 term. She is a current student at Point Loma Nazarene University studying at John Cabot University in Rome, Italy during the Spring 2016 term.
10 FUN FACTS ABOUT LAYAH
- I am a dual citizen of the U.S.A. and Canada.
- I’ve played classical and Spanish flamenco guitar for 11 years and it’s one of my favorite things to do.
- I love adventures like Mud caving, zip-lining, kayaking, and rollerblading.
- Languages are fascinating to me! I’ve learned conversational Spanish, a little French, and I’ve been learning Italian since June!
- I have two really big (irrational) fears: seaweed and bees.
- Pumpkin pie is my favorite dessert of all time.
- Some people hate flying, but I love it! I can’t stop smiling when the airplane takes off and I love the views!
- Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble, Danny Kaye, Tori Kelly and Allen Stone are my favorite artists to listen to.
- 6 Flags Adventure Park in California is my happy place because I adore roller-coasters. My dream is to go to the Fuji-Q Adventure Park in Japan one day.
- Two sports I like to play are 6-on-6 Volleyball and Night-time Ultimate Frisbee!