For updates on SAI’s response to Coronavirus regarding current programs see COVID-19 updates.
You may have concerns about whether you will be able to study abroad this spring due to the worldwide Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We understand that this situation, with all of its unknowns, can be difficult, and we are here to share with you some policy changes that we made for our Spring 2021 on-site programs.
We are anticipating that all our Spring 2021 programs will proceed as normal, and we are doing everything we can to ensure a safe, flexible experience for you. To stay up to date on your options, please see SAI Spring 2021 On-Site Program Options.
What Have We Changed?
- Your health and safety is our top priority, so we have updated our health and safety policies to ensure the utmost care during the COVID-19 reality. See COVID-19 updates.
- We are working with host schools to update program dates, in many instances offering programs that begin later in the Spring term. This also has the added benefit of reducing the program length to under 90 days, thereby doing away with the requirement for a student visa for US citizens. Note: program dates may continue to change as host schools make further decisions, please check back.
- We updated our Spring 2021 Enrollment Cancellation Policy to allow most students more time to withdraw without penalty. (see below)
- We have extended our application deadlines.
- We have extended the 50% payment deadline to November 1, 2020 for all Spring semester and quarter on-site programs. This gives you more time before you make an investment in your experience.
- We will be monitoring the global situation, and will provide updates regarding any further programmatic changes, should they be required.
Revised Spring 2021 Enrollment Cancellation Policy
Note: this revised policy applies to all SAI Spring Semester, Spring Quarter, Jan Term, and Spring Short Programs.
Check-in day is considered the start of the term. The application fee and confirmation deposit are not refundable. Further program cost liability is based on the date on which SAI receives a cancellation request using the online SAI Cancellation & Deferment Request Form. If a cancellation request is received 36 or more days before check-in day, a full refund is provided (minus the non-refundable confirmation deposit and application fee). If a cancellation request is received 35 days or less before check-in day, students are liable for the following penalties:
- 35 – 8 days before the start of term: 50% of the program cost
- 7 days or less before the start of term: 100% of the program cost
Program cost includes all costs associated with enrollment (including program add-ons and any optional or additional fees).
We hope these changes provide some comfort during these uncertain times. We look forward to giving you a warm welcome to your study abroad host city in the new year!
Are you unsure about next steps? Let your SAI admissions team help you out! Give us a call at 800-655-8965, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or find us on LiveChat.