For updates on SAI’s response to Coronavirus regarding current programs see COVID-19 updates.
The world may look a little different now than when you started thinking about studying abroad, and you may have some concerns about your health and safety due to the lingering effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. Your concerns are understandable, and in response we have made some policy changes that we hope will ease your decision-making.
To begin, please know that we are currently operating programs abroad safely and responsibly. We expect that all of our on-site programs will continue to remain open in Summer 2022. We will be keeping a close eye on the evolving health and quarantine situation in each location, and will make amendments as needed to ensure a safe, flexible experience for you.
What you should know
- We have been operating programs abroad in a COVID-safe manner since September 2020. In doing so, we have refined our protocols, and have developed tools and systems to ensure the safety of our students and staff.
- Your health and safety is our top priority, and we have updated our health and safety policies to guarantee the utmost care during the COVID-19 reality. See COVID-19 updates.
- We are requiring all students studying abroad in Summer 2022 to be up to date on their COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster if eligible. This will ensure both a safe and flexible experience.
- We updated our Summer 2022 Enrollment Cancellation Policy to allow students more time to withdraw without penalty. (see below)
- We are running virtual “Town Hall” meetings to give students and families a place to connect and ask SAI staff questions about the upcoming term (see here).
- We will be monitoring the global situation, and will provide updates regarding any further programmatic changes, should they be required.
Revised Summer 2022 Enrollment Cancellation Policy
Check-in day is considered the start of the term. The application fee and confirmation deposit are not refundable. Further program cost liability is based on the date on which SAI receives a cancellation request using the online SAI Cancellation & Deferment Request Form.
- 61 + days before the start of term: full refund is provided (minus the non-refundable confirmation deposit and application fee)
- 60 – 45 days before the start of term: liable for non-recoverable costs already incurred for your enrollment, not to exceed 30% of program fee
- 44 – 8 days before the start of term: liable for 50% of the program cost
- 7 days or less before the start of term: liable for 100% of the program cost
Program cost includes all costs associated with enrollment (including program add-ons and any optional or additional fees).
Please note that if a student’s home institution cancels a study abroad program prior to the SAI cancellation policy going into effect and the student is no longer permitted to study abroad, all program fees paid, including the confirmation deposit, will be refunded (the application fee is non-refundable). If a student’s home institution cancels after the SAI cancellation policy goes into effect, SAI will make every effort to refund any recoverable costs.
We hope these changes provide some comfort during these uncertain times. We look forward to giving you a warm welcome to your study abroad host city this summer!
Are you unsure about next steps? Let your SAI admissions team help you out! Reach out at 800-655-8965, email@example.com, or find us on LiveChat.
No comments yet