SAI Leadership Mentors are students who have completed one year of the SAI Ambassador Program and are looking to engage more with SAI and the International Education field. This program provides SAI alumni with the opportunity to enhance their professional portfolio while working alongside professionals and learning more about the field. SAI Leadership Mentors will acquire knowledge from all divisions of SAI; sharing and analyzing their SAI experience in order to improve current programs and correspondence with students. They will be encouraged to be creative in developing strategies that would be effective in recruitment, campus globalizations initiatives, social media, and other areas of SAI. In addition to a $200 stipend, a performance award certificate will be provided for the top-performing Leadership Mentor.
In addition to some of the standard Ambassador duties, SAI Leadership Mentors will have the following responsibilities:
- Attend SAI training sessions with different business units
- Work with the SAI University Relations team on recruitment initiatives for prospective students and ambassadors
- Develop resource materials and participate in ongoing training of new ambassadors
- Attend/view professional development webinars
- Conduct an informational interview with someone in field of interest
- Complete a Leadership Portfolio
Why to Apply
- Program is an ideal fit for students looking for responsibilities beyond those of the SAI Ambassador program, and students interested in a career in international education.
- Leadership Mentors will be provided with a variety of different professional development opportunities such as webinars and resume reviews.
- Leadership Mentors are eligible for one of two 5-week, paid internship opportunity, including accommodation, at SAI’s headquarters in Sonoma County, CA or a NAFSA Regional Conference.
- Internship bearing credit (dependent upon home university protocol)
How to Apply to Become an SAI Leadership Mentor
- Ensure you meet the eligibility requirements. Applicants must: be currently be enrolled in a U.S. or Canadian university; and have successfully completed one year of the SAI Ambassador Program.
- Submit the online SAI Leadership Mentor Application, including the short answer essay questions. The deadline for the Leadership Mentor Program is August 15th.
- Look out for an email from the SAI Leadership Mentor Coordinator about two weeks after submitting your application.
If you have questions about the program, please contact the SAI Leadership Mentor Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.