Motivated SAI semester and summer study abroad students at Sant’Anna Institute are able to apply for unpaid internships for academic credit. Students are placed in internships that complement their major or minor and provide unique applied experience in local organizations. Internship students complete related coursework during the term, participate in weekly on-site activities, and submit a final reflective paper about the internship experience.
Summer Part-Time Internships: Summer I and Summer II students may apply for a 3 credit part-time internships. Summer III students may apply for a 3 or 6 credit internship.
Semester Part-Time Internships: Fall and Spring Semester students may apply for a 3 credit or 6 credit internship as part of an elective semester program.
Sample Internship Placements
Arts & Humanities
- Archaeology: excavation project
- Architecture, interior design: architecture studio
- Art History: local foundation for arts & culture
- Studio arts: contemporary art gallery
- Journalism, English: local online & printed publications
- Italian studies: private language institute, youth summer camp
- Education, ESL: private language institute, youth summer camp
- Nutrition and community health: Mediterranean culinary school; farm-to-table restaurant
- Pharmaceutical science: pharmacy
- Veterinary science: veterinary studio
- Environmental science, marine biology: local protected marine area organization
- Geology / volcanology: volcano observatory, private geological studio
Business & Administration Studies
- Sports business, fitness management: wellness center
- International business: event agency, 5 star hotel, charter boat company
- Marketing: travel agency, fine dining restaurant, contemporary art gallery
- Emergency management: volcano observatory
- Event management: wedding/events department within a hotel, concert & events agency, florist
- Fashion merchandising: locally owned boutiques
- Hospitality & tourism: b&b, travel agency, fine dining restaurant, boutique hotel
- Human services management: center for diversely abled adults
- Leadership, student wellness: Sant’Anna Institute
- Social work: center for diversely-abled adults
- Women’s studies, international politics, human rights: NGO office for the social inclusion of refugees in Naples
How to Apply
Students wishing to participate in an internship during their program select the Internship program add-on at application, and submit the following additional application items:
- SA internship application; emailed once the SAI application is received
- Resume and cover letter
- 2 letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
Upon receipt of the internship materials, applicants complete a Skype interview with the SA internship coordinator. Please note that there is an additional internship fee.
Please note: Internships at Sant’Anna Institute require a certain amount of completed major coursework prior to applying. Underclassmen may not be eligible but are welcome to apply.