These are the 12 best things about studying abroad in Sorrento.
1. The people in southern Italy are the most friendly people you will ever meet! Nobody does hospitality like they do.
2. The birthplace of pizza was in this region of Italy. The best pizza in the world can be found here.
3. Sorrento is the original home of limoncello, a delicious lemon liquor that is served all over the south of Italy.
4. Sant’Anna Institute is situated in a beautiful location and has a very small class size, which gives you a chance to meet everyone in your program.
5. A beautiful swimming hole and place for cliff jumping is situated only a fifteen minute walk from the school. On a nice warm day, there is nowhere better to be than at Bagni Delle Regina Giovanna.
6. Sorrento is where the Amalfi coast begins. The Amalfi coast consists of beautiful cities erected on the side of the cliffs and winding mountain trails for endless exploration.
7. You will get more of a chance to practice your Italian language skills in the South of Italy because there are less tourists in the area; therefore less people speak English.
8. The city of Napoli is right across the bay from Sorrento and it is easy to travel to other places in Europe from the main airport in Sorrento.
9. There are a lot of opportunities to have business internships here in Sorrento, especially if your are interested in the hospitality industry.
10. There is always fresh seafood to be eaten because Sorrento is right on the sea. The school even overlooks the ocean and displays the most beautiful views daily.
11. The island of Capri sits in the sea in front of Sorrento and is a wonderful place to take a boat ride and enjoy the famous Blue Grotto.
12. The ancient ruins of the city of Pompeii are just a thirty minute train ride from Sorrento.
– Tristan is a spring 2017 SAI Sorrento student from Point Loma Nazarene University.