The SAI Programs home office is located in California’s Sonoma Wine Country, in a small town called Sebastopol. “Only an hour north of San Francisco, Sebastopol offers small town charm, farm-to-table organic food and wine, creative artists and healers, and easy access to the Laguna, the Russian River, Sonoma coast and Redwoods” boasts the Experience Sebastopol website.
The SAI offices have been located in Sebastopol since 1995. Our current offices were built in 2002, replacing what was originally a tired, old warehouse. The office now reflects a modern design that mirrors the excellent design programs for our students in Italy, Spain, and France.
Here are some fun, interesting facts about Sebastopol:
- Every year, the city hosts two adorable festivals: the Apple Blossom Festival and Gravenstein Apple Fair.
- The town is known for its liberal politics and small-town charm.
- Sebastopol is only a 20 minute drive to the Pacific Ocean.
- The town of Sebastopol formed in the 1850s with one U.S Post Office and acted as a small trade center for the farmers of the surrounding agricultural region.
- The show 13 Reasons Why was filmed at Analy High School in Sebastopol in 2017.
- Sebastopol has a many farm-to-table restaurants, due to its surrounding rich agriculture.