BECOME A STUDENT PHOTOGRAPHER FOR SAI THIS SPRING!
SAI is seeking a passionate and talented student photographer and social media contributor to help us communicate what studying abroad is like through photos.
The Student Photographer will take photos while abroad at student events, campuses, and around host cities, to be used in a wide variety of SAI’s marketing communications. Events include SAI cultural activities and weekend excursions, as well as photographing your host city and school, and capturing what it’s like to study abroad with SAI. Photographers will be expected to capture the energy and experience of events and participants through photography. Photographers will have the opportunity to build their own portfolio of work through this position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Submit a minimum of 5 photos every other week. Use your creativity to take photos that capture what your study abroad experience is like, and the wonder of your host city.
- Attend the SAI weekend excursion, as well as at least two additional SAI activities, and capture the experience in photos.
- Cover all aspects of an assigned event, to ensure the experience of the event is captured through photographs.
- Process and edit photos as needed for final use.
- Upload photos to shared server/file location where marketing staff have access to photos. Frequency of uploads to be determined on case-by-case basis.
- Meet regularly with marketing staff to review upcoming events, required photos, assignments and communication strategies where photos will be used.
- Conduct an Instagram takeover on SAI’s account.
- Must be a registered SAI Spring 2020 student
- Bring personal photography equipment
- Passion for photography and sharing your experience abroad
- Experience in digital photography
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom
- Schedule flexibility
- Attention to detail and completes work in a timely manner
- Reliable and responsible, with an ability to work independently
Hours per week: Work is event-specific, but you can estimate 2-5 hours per event plus 1-2 hours post-production time. You will be expected to photograph 3-5 events over the course of the semester.
Stipend: $500 stipend to be paid in two installments.
How to Apply
Email to Nicole Gagne at email@example.com, containing:
- Onsite project: go out in your host city and capture what a day in the life of an SAI student looks like. What inspires you? Give us an idea of what your contributions will look like! Attach 3-5 photos directly to your email.
- Letter of interest, including a description of your photography and social media experience.
- Photography portfolio/website (optional).
Deadline: Wednesday, February 12th, 2020.