BECOME A STUDENT PHOTOGRAPHER FOR SAI THIS FALL!
SAI is seeking a passionate and talented student photographer and social media contributor to help us communicate what studying abroad is like through photos.
The Student Photographer will take photos while abroad at student events, campuses, and around host cities, to be used in a wide variety of SAI’s marketing communications. Events include SAI cultural activities and weekend excursions, as well as photographing your host city and school, and capturing what it’s like to study abroad with SAI. Photographers will be expected to capture the energy and experience of events and participants through photography. Photographers will have the opportunity to build their own portfolio of work through this position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of a wide range of photographs from multiple events and in various settings.
- Covering all aspects of an assigned event, to ensure the experience of the event is captured through photographs.
- Processing and editing photos as needed for final use.
- Upload photos to shared server/file location where marketing staff have access to photos. Frequency of uploads to be determined on case-by-case basis.
- Meet regularly with marketing staff to review upcoming events, required photos, assignments and communication strategies where photos will be used.
- Conduct an Instagram takeover on SAI’s account.
- Must be a registered SAI Fall 2019 student
- Bring personal photography equipment
- Passion for photography and sharing your experience abroad
- Experience in digital photography (digital portfolio required)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom
- Schedule flexibility
- Attention to detail and completes work in a timely manner
- Reliable and responsible, with an ability to work independently
Hours per week: Work is event-specific, 2-5 hours per event plus 1-2 hours post-production time. Photographer is expected to photograph 4-5 events over the course of the semester.
Stipend: $500 stipend to be paid in two installments, upon completion of projects (October 31, 2019 & December 21, 2019)
How to Apply
Submit a single PDF file via email to Nicole Gagne at firstname.lastname@example.org, containing:
- Letter of interest, including a description of your photography and social media experience.
- Current resume
- Photography portfolio (or link to one)
Deadline: Friday, August 23rd, 2019