Researching and planning your study abroad program can be a daunting task. You likely have many questions about what to expect- luckily, we have an active team of SAI ambassadors ready to assist! SAI ambassadors are a group of carefully selected students who have recently completed an SAI program. These program alumni are an excellent resource for you- here are four ways you can benefit from engaging with our ambassador team:
1. Make a Connection: Talk directly to a student who has participated in the program you are considering. Ask about the classes they took, their housing situation, extracurricular activities and more. You may be able to speak with an ambassador from your own university, or we can connect you with a peer from our nationwide ambassador network. Currently, ambassadors have been meeting with lots of students via Zoom!
2. Explore Options: Ambassadors have been in your shoes very recently, researching their own options and selecting an SAI program. Speak with them about how and why they chose SAI and the factors that helped them move forward.
“SAI was the best decision I could have made. They were SO accommodating, quick to respond, and settled any worries I had going into it.”
– Anneliese Taggart, University of Alabama
3. Ease Any Concerns: Most ambassadors were nervous themselves before going abroad- it’s a big step! Ambassadors can reassure you (and your family) and answer any questions you may have. They can also further explain the support that SAI provides you throughout the program.
“SAI acted as a second family to me and helped make the somewhat scary transition from the US to Europe feel natural. They were there every step of the way when I was sick, confused, lost; they were always there to hold my hand and help me no matter the time of day.”
– Sophie Grady, University of South Carolina
4. Get Excited! Our ambassadors are passionate about their host cities and they can give you lots of recommendations on the best restaurants, museums, cafes, and experiences abroad. They can also share their European travel tips so that you can make the most of your time. SAI social media often features photos, stories, and interviews with ambassadors- follow us to be sure you are seeing all their inspiration!
Ambassadors are eager to speak with you- use the “Contact an Ambassador” link to be put in touch with one of our team today!