For updates on SAI’s response to Coronavirus regarding current programs see COVID-19 updates.
You may have concerns about whether you will be able to study abroad this summer due to the worldwide Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We understand that this situation, with all of its unknowns, can be difficult, and we are here to share with you some policy changes that we made for our Summer 2021 on-site programs.
We are reopening most of of our on-site programs in Summer 2021; please see each program page for details. We will be keeping a close eye on the evolving health and quarantine situation in each location, and will make amendments, if they become necessary, to ensure a safe, flexible experience for you.
What you should know
- Your health and safety is our top priority, so we have updated our health and safety policies to ensure the utmost care during the COVID-19 reality. See COVID-19 updates.
- We updated our Summer 2021 Enrollment Cancellation Policy to allow students more time to withdraw without penalty. (see below)
- We have extended our application deadlines (check program pages for this information).
- We have extended our payment deadlines to give you more time before you make an investment in your experience (check program pages for your program’s deadlines).
- All of our summer programs are under 91 days in length, and therefore do not require a visa. This ensures flexibility for you!
- We have scheduled several virtual “Town Hall” meetings to give students and families a place to connect and ask SAI staff questions about the upcoming term. Dates and details can be found here.
- We will be monitoring the global situation, and will provide updates regarding any further programmatic changes, should they be required.
Revised Summer 2021 Enrollment Cancellation Policy
Check-in day is considered the start of the term. The application fee and confirmation deposit are not refundable. Further program cost liability is based on the date on which SAI receives a cancellation request using the online SAI Cancellation & Deferment Request Form. If a cancellation request is received 36 or 76 or more days (program dependent – see below) before check-in day, a full refund is provided (minus the non-refundable confirmation deposit and application fee). If a cancellation request is received 35 or 75 days or less (program dependent – see below) before check-in day, students are liable for the following penalties:
Florence, Rome (JCU & Italiaidea & UCSC), Milan (UCSC), Siena, Sorrento, Sicily, Paris, Barcelona:
- 35 – 8 days before the start of term: 50% of the program cost
- 7 days or less before the start of term: 100% of the program cost.
NABA in Rome & Milan:
- 75 – 45 days before the start of term: 30% of the program cost
- 44 – 8 days before the start of term: 50% of the program cost
- 7 days or less before the start of term: 100% of the program cost
Program cost includes all costs associated with enrollment (including program add-ons and any optional or additional fees).
Please note that if a student’s home institution cancels a study abroad program prior to the SAI cancellation policy going into effect and the student is no longer permitted to study abroad, all program fees paid, including the confirmation deposit, will be refunded (the application fee is non-refundable). If a student’s home institution cancels after the SAI cancellation policy goes into effect, SAI will make every effort to refund any recoverable costs.
We hope these changes provide some comfort during these uncertain times. We look forward to giving you a warm welcome to your study abroad host city in the new year!
Are you unsure about next steps? Let your SAI admissions team help you out! Give us a call at 800-655-8965, email email@example.com, or find us on LiveChat.