Ciao from SAI Study Abroad. On this page, you will find information to answer all your questions to study abroad. If you have any questions that are not answered here connect via the chatbox (lower right-hand corner) or schedule a call below.
With our SAI 360° Services, we are with you every step of the way, from registering for courses to picking you up at the airport to making your re-entry back home a breeze.
- Program tuition and U.S. academic credit
- Accommodation in carefully selected student housing
- Airport pickup and transportation on arrival day
- Welcome reception and events
- SAI orientation to the host city and school
- SAI staff on-site dedicated to providing personal assistance
- SAI Viva Experience: frequent cultural activities & trips outside host city
- Student health insurance providing full coverage and medical emergency evacuation
- Access to and assistance with international cell phone plans
- 24-hour on-site emergency support
- Farewell event with all students
Pre-departure and Re-entry services
- US-based admissions counselor assigned to you, providing friendly assistance
- Helpful pre-departure tools and resources
- Online student groups to acquaint you with other SAI students
- Assistance with student visa application
- Assistance with financial aid processing
- Need-based SAI scholarships
- Paid registration fees for national re-entry conferences
- SAI Ambassador Program for SAI alumni, with paid internship opportunities
- SAI alumni network
For more details on how we ensure a safe, rewarding, and positive experience abroad, see Services.
SAI scholarships are awarded based on financial need and academic merit, and we welcome all students to apply. To learn more about our scholarships and how to apply see Scholarships.
Scholarship application deadlines:
Fall sessions: June 1
Spring sessions: October 15
Summer sessions: March 15
If you currently receive federal, state, or institutional financial aid, you may be able to use some or all of your aid toward the cost of your SAI program. This includes scholarships, grants and personal loans.
Financial aid students may be able to defer payments to their SAI program. To learn more about utilizing financial aid toward your SAI program see Financial Aid.
Student safety, security, and health are of primary importance to SAI. Please see Health & Safety for detailed information. Because these are unique times, we have set up a page dedicated to COVID-19 Updates that details our commitments to you and procedures to ensure your safety while abroad.
Following are the health and safety features included in all SAI programs:
- 24-hour emergency contact service on-site.
- Experienced on-site staff based in each program location providing personal care and attention. Staff maintains close ties with local authorities and monitors public announcements and travel warnings.
- Information regarding health and safety abroad provided in various mediums, including via a handbook, at orientation, and regularly throughout the SAI program.
- International student health insurance provided by CISI. SAI on-site staff can refer students to English-speaking doctors.
- Robust Health, Safety and Emergency Management Procedures, an SAI Health & Safety Committee that meets regularly to review safety climate, and a clear crisis communication system.
If you have specific questions about health & safety, please schedule a call with Admissions.
If you’re interested in building your resume while abroad, consider adding an internship, service certificate or leadership certificate to your experience. Learn more about leveraging your study abroad experience to build your career.
Internships are an excellent way to extend learning beyond the classroom, explore career options, and build professional networks. SAI internships, offered in most of our locations, allow you to gain real-world experience in professional environments, and gain a more in-depth knowledge of a host culture. See Internships to explore your options.
Global Leadership Certificate
The SAI Global Leadership Certificate helps to foster a global outlook and a leadership mentality. By completing this Certificate program you will broaden your awareness of global issues and deepen your knowledge of the local host community’s role in an increasingly interconnected world through exploration of research, engagement in community services and interaction with experts and leaders. See Global Leadership Certificate for more information.
International Service Certificate
The SAI International Service Certificate allows you to explore a field of interest, while also collaborating with local residents to address community needs. You’ll gain valuable skills that can transfer to your future career, and obtain a unique perspective of your host city. See International Service Certificate for more information.
Your career-building options don’t end when your program is complete. Our alumni services include access to an active alumni network, as well as the opportunity to become an SAI Ambassador at your home school. Ambassadors gain resume-building experience helping future students study abroad. See Ambassador Program for more information.
Learn about the SAI experience from students who studied abroad. Fill out this form, and we’ll put you in touch with a student in your area.
If you’re ready to take the next step, we can’t wait to help you!
- Find your perfect program by searching our Study Abroad directory (see top navigation menu) by Explore by Location, Explore by Program, or Explore by Studies.
- Reach out to us by calling 800.655.8965, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or finding us in the chat box (bottom right of page).
- Explore what it’s like to study abroad by reading our extensive Blog, full of stories from past study abroad students.
- Get answers to some of the most frequently asked questions on our Students Q&A page.
- Reach out to your home school study abroad advisor to learn about credit transfer and more.
- Follow us on social media to learn what an experience with us is like! We’re on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest and Twitter.
If you’re ready to apply, click below.